- l. Q. Is it possible to get addicted to meth if someone only tries it one time?
- A. Yes. Meth is one of the few drugs with the potential for addiction after the very first
- 2. Q. I've heard that meth is one of the worst drugs to ever come along because it is made
from poisonous substances, is this true?
- A. Yes,would you consider drinking something that contains ingredients such as:
Acetone, fertilizer, antifreeze, drain cleaner, engine starter fluid, battery acid, gun
cleaner solvents, and many more dangerous ingredients.
- 3. Q. Are there short term effects from experimenting with meth?
- A. Trying even a small amount of meth can cause bursts of energy, anxiety, tremors,
jitteriness, convulsions, paranoia, hypothermia, and insomnia. Dilated pupils,
elevated body temperature, weight loss, skin rashes, sores, & infections. The
convulsions and hypothermia can result in a stroke and even death.
- 4. Q. What are the long term effects of taking meth?
- A. Long term effects include meth mouth (addicts often loose all their teeth), open
sores, chronic fatigue, paranoia or delusional thinking, changes in personality
(severe depression). Bone loss and malnutrition, liver and kidney damage. Loss of
interest in friends, sports, school, church and even permanent psychological
- 5. Q. What response could I give to a friend who asks me to try meth without making them angry at me?
- A. You could say:
a. "I'm not ready to change my life, please don't ask me again"
b. " I don't want to destroy myself or my family, please don't ask me again."
c. " It's not my style. "
d. v That stuff is poisonous, I'm not going to put it in my body."
- 6. Q. What does meth look like?
- A. It can be a powder or rocklike chunks that are white or yellow. Some types of meth
are clear and look like crystal. There is reportably a new flavor know as 'strawberry
quick', it is popular among new users who snort it because the flavoring can cut
down on the bitter taste.
- 7. Q. How is meth used?
- A. Meth can be smoked, snorted, eaten or injected.
- 8. Q. What are some other names for meth?
- A. Chalk, Crank, Glass, Ice, Speed, Tweak, Crystal
- 9. Q. Is making meth dangerous?
- A. Extremely dangerous! Meth labs generate poisonous gases and often catch
fire or explode. Making meth produces toxic waste which is often just dumped in
the ground or river.
- 10. Q. What should I do if I suspect someone is making meth?
- A. You can save somebody's life by talking to someone you trust - your parents,
teacher, counselor, school nurse, minister or law enforcement officer.
- 11. Q. Does meth have a odor?
- A. Yes, You might notice an unusual chemical smelll on the clothes or the person's
body that smells similar to cat urine.